FLOORING WISDOMS WARRANTY DOCUMENT INTRODUCTION FLOORING WISDOMS PTY LTD, ABN 91 975 846 848 (“the supplier”) is pleased to provide the following manufacturer’s warranties for the FLOORING WISDOMS’s timber flooring range:
- 5-year Domestic Coating Warranty
- 2. 25-year Domestic Structural Warranty
The warranties are extended to the original purchaser of pre-finished FLOORING WISDOMS’s timber flooring which has been installed using recommended installation methods and floor care procedures described in the Maintenance Instructions included in this warranty document, and where proper humidity conditions within the home have been maintained.
The warranties extend only to manufacturing defects (not installation methods) that are approved by the supplier.
The warranties apply only to floors used for residential purposes, and do not apply to floors used for commercial or industrial purposes.
In this document:
- “You” or “The Purchaser” means the purchaser of the FLOORING WISDOMS’s timber flooring from the supplier to be used for residential purposes whilst a resident in the home in which the flooring is installed;
- “Flooring” or “Floors” means any FLOORING WISDOMS’s timber flooring purchased by the purchaser;
- “Maintenance Instructions” means the Maintenance Instructions set out in this warranty document;
- FIVE YEAR DOMESTIC COATING WARRANTY
Subject to the terms and conditions set out in this warranty, the supplier warrants that the pre-finished coating on your floor is 7 layer of UV cured European Polyurethane Coating that will not wear through under normal residential traffic conditions for a period of five (5) years from the date of purchase, as long as the floor is maintained in accordance with the Maintenance Instructions set out in this warranty document.
This warranty will not apply if any of the followings occurs:
- Improper maintenance. The floor must be maintained in accordance with the instructions set out in the Maintenance Instructions included in this warranty document.
- Accidents, abuse or misuse. The warranty does not cover damage from heavy furniture or equipment without sufficient protection, impact damage or scars from a sharp pointed object such as pet claws, or subtle changes caused by age or regular exposure to sunlight.
- Indentation from stiletto heels. This warranty will not cover any damage caused by metal tipped stiletto heels.
- Indentations from heavy or sharp objects. This warranty will not cover any damage caused by the impact of heavy or sharp objects.
- Water saturation. This warranty will not cover any damage caused by water saturation or inappropriate cleaning methods. The Maintenance Instructions included in this warranty document set out procedures to follow in relation to cleaning methods to avoid water saturation.
- TWENTY-FIVE YEAR STRUCTURAL WARRANTY
Subject to the terms and conditions set out in this warranty, the supplier warrants that when FLOORING WISDOMS’s timber flooring is installed in accordance with standard procedures for tongue and groove floors, the boards will remain intact for twenty-five (25) years.
This warranty will not apply if any of the following occurs:
- For best results, the temperature in the room/s should be between 18-24°C and the recommended relative humidity should be in the range of 45-60%. Depending on climate conditions slight surface cracks may occur as timber absorbs or releases moisture. This is a natural transformation of the timber during its life and is not considered a defect.
- Extreme & environmental conditions. Exposure of the floor to extreme heat, dryness, moisture or water saturation, including wet mopping, improper exterior drainage, broken plumbing, hydrostatic pressure, or other sources of water will void this warranty.
- Alteration of repair. Alteration or repair of the floor that is not authorized by the supplier prior to being carried our will void this warranty.
- Seasonal changes. Timber is a natural wood product and may experience slight dimensional changes immediately after installation and during normal environmental changes. These changes are not covered by this warranty.
- Insect infestation. This warranty will not cover any damage to the floors caused by insect infestation after shipment/delivery from the supplier.
- Water saturation. This warranty will not cover any damage caused by excessive water saturation or inappropriate cleaning methods. The Maintenance Instructions included in this warranty document sets our procedures to follow in relation to cleaning methods to avoid water saturation.
- Structural defects caused by events outside the control of the supplier, including but not limited to defects caused by water from broken pipes, flooding or excess subfloor moisture due to rain are not covered under this warranty.
- Sub-floor defects. Where the sub-floor is not level, floorboards can open up slightly from compression into “hollow” sections of the sub-floor and squeaking can occur. Flooring installed over a sub-floor that is not level will not be covered under this warranty.
THE FOLLOWING APPLIES TO BOTH WARRANTIES:
- The supplier reserves the right to determine in its sole discretion, whether the flooring is defective or subject to any exclusion set out in the warranties. The warranties do not apply to any flooring designated or sold as second grade or downgrade items. Any flooring so designated will be sold “as is”.
- The warranties do not apply if damage to the floor is caused by any negligent or deliberate act or omission by the purchaser or other person or if the damage is caused by any event or circumstance beyond the reasonable control of the supplier (including, without limitation, floods, storms, earthquakes or fire)
- The purchaser cannot make any claim under any of the warranties if at the time of purchase of the flooring the purchaser was aware of any fact, matter or circumstance that would or would be likely to result in a claim under the warranty.
- The purchaser must use all reasonable endeavors to mitigate any loss or damage to the flooring.
- The warranties are not transferable and are extended only to the original consumer purchaser of the flooring. All warranties expire upon the sale. Transfer or change in ownership of the property in which the flooring was installed.
- The supplier is not liable for any special, indirect, incidental or consequential losses or damages, including without limitation, any accommodation expenses incurred by the purchaser whilst any flooring is being repaired, re-coated or replaced.
- The sole remedy under the warranties is, at the supplier’s sole discretion, to repair, re-coat or replace any defective flooring with the same or similar flooring of equal value. The supplier shall have the final say as to what is the appropriate remedy. Any repair, replacement, or re-coating of the flooring (or attempt to do so) prior to the supplier’s inspection (if necessary) to determine the appropriate remedy under this Clause will void this warranty.
- The supplier must be notified in writing of any claim under a warranty within the time period specified under the relevant warranty.
- No person other than the supplier (including without limitation any retailer, installer, dealer, distributor, agent or employee) has authority to increase or extend the scope or alter the terms of any of the warranties. Any repair or replacement of the flooring shall not, in any event, extend the period of coverage of any of the warranties.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, all warranties other than the warranties set out in this warranty in relation to the supply of the flooring to the purchaser are expressly excluded from any agreement between the purchaser and the supplier.
- The warranties represent the entire agreement between the supplier and the purchaser in respect of their subject matter. The warranties will not be extended, varied or amended except in writing signed by the supplier.
Set out below are Maintenance Instructions for cleaning and protecting your timber flooring:
Your new floor will add warmth and character to your home whilst offering superior wear and stain resistance, and easy no-wax care. The following simple maintenance steps will ensure that your floor is protected and kept looking new.
Cleaning the floor:
- For daily cleaning, vacuum or sweep the floor, or wipe with a damp mop or cloth. Mopping or sweeping the floor will minimize wear from abrasive grit and dirt.
- Wipe up spillages as soon as possible with a damp mop or wiping cloth which has been well wrung out to remove all excess water.
- Floors are best cleaned with one (1) part methylated spirits to ten (10) parts water, pre-mixed in a spray bottle, sprayed over the floor a section at a time and mopped dry with an anti-static or similar mop.
- Do not wax, polish or use abrasive cleaners or scouring powder to clean your floor.
- Do not use a steam mop. This will cause moisture ot to penetrate and discolor the floor joins and will void the warranty.
Protecting the floor:
- Use quality area rugs and doormats by outdoor entrance areas to prevent dirt, sand, girt, and other substance such as oil, asphalt or driveway sealer from being tracked onto your floor.
- Use floor protectors and wide-beating leg bases/rollers to minimize indentations from heavy objects. Generally, the heavier the item, the wider the floor protector should be for maximum protection
- Felt or rubber protector should be used under chair and table legs
- Avoid walking on the timber floor with metal tipped stiletto-heeled shoes.
- Avoid gouges or cuts into your floor from sharp objects. Small objects dropped from a height have immense impact pressure and steps should be taken to protect the floor from such impacts.
- Never try to slide or roll heavy objects across the floor without precautions.
- Rolling loads from castors under furniture and trolleys may damage the surface. The smaller the castor the greater the likelihood of damage occurring.
- Keep pets’ nail trimmed.
- Rearrange rugs and furniture periodically so the floor ages evenly. UV sunlight will soften the tone of different species of hardwood to varying degrees.
- Use a humidifier to maintain humidity levels between 45-60%.
The information on this WARRANTY DOCUMENT and MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS MUST be followed in every way. If any of these requirements are NOT completed. You will be jeopardizing your wood floor performance and/or warranties and guarantees.
By reading this document, you have acknowledged and understood the guidelines, terms, and conditions in this document. All warranty claim must be in writing with proof of purchase.